Summer is almost done and peaches are on sale like crazy! After having peaches with breakfast and lunch, I had no choice but make something peachy for dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (finely chopped or grated)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 peaches thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- dash of vanilla essence
- dash of cinnamon
- Combine flour, sugar, salt in a bowl or in a processor if you like.
- Grate in frozen butter and mix/crush well using a fork until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Slowly add milk and mix in well, until the dough forms a ball.
- If making more than one tart, divide dough into pieces and flatten slightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice peaches thinly and in a bowl mix with lemon juice, sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon.
- After the dough has rested, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Starting at the center of each piece of dough, roll each out on a floured surface to desired shape and size.
- Place rolled out dough on parchment sheet and arrange the peach slices around the edge of each pastry strip, and in the center, line up your raspberries.
Brush the border of the dough with egg yolk or milk and bake for 15- 20 minutes until dough is golden brown and fruit has softened.